Monday, August 22, 2011

Rustic Life




A friend of the family recently taught me how to shoot a gun. This city girl now living in the country had a fear of guns. I respected them but I didn't want to touch one! This couple had many many acres of land and being a retired law enforcement agent he talked me into coming out to his range to learn how to shoot and handle a gun. Being the photographer I am, I first noticed all the old buildings on his land then the old rusty equipment. I very seldom go anywhere without my camera so before I had my first gun lesson I was taking pictures instead! Yes, I did have my first gun shooting lesson and I will have to admit...I didn't do to bad! Pretty darn close to the bulls eye on every shot! I still like my pictures better though! I still have a very large respect for guns but I still do not like them! Give me a camera any day and I will be happy!





No comments: